Saturday, August 29, 2009

My first full week can be summed up in one word - respect (or the lack of it). Where has the respect gone. My classroom rules are three: Respect yourself; Respect others; Respect the school. But, so may children don't know what that word means. In my room I have one such student. He and I are going to be miserable all year long if something doesn't change. He needs to learn "R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to me" (thanks Aretha) and I've got to start enjoying his presence. How is this going to happen? When is this going to happen? Who knows! Stay tuned. I'm sure I'll be blogging lots. I can't keep this all boiled up inside. As Junie B. Jones says, "My brains will squish out." Thank goodness for this blog.

P.S. My Kindergarten teacher friend is expelling three students next week. THEY ARE IN KINDERGARTEN!!! What is happening?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, lack of respect is going to be a problem with your 3 rules.... yikes! Maybe you are just the person to teach him before it's too late (2nd grade isn't too late, right?). And being expelled in KINDERGARTEN?? That's one for someone's loving scrapbook. (insert photo of proud moment when your little baby is expelled... for the first time....)

    Our trip to come see you guys might be up in the air, but if we can come we'll be there in a heartbeat! We are hoping to leave Friday afternoon, maybe around 4 and then come home Saturday night. I'm supposed to play the broadcast on Sunday morning and we NEED Monday to finish the first stage of our backyard remodel before we run out of weekends. Ahhhh. We'll make a decision soon, probably by Tuesday, and I'll let you know ASAP. Is it too cold to try kayaking? :)

    Mrs. Grant, I bet you'll look back at the end of the year and see a lot of progress. Even little whatever-his-name-is could be your favorite student in the end, right? Kinda? Maybe? Not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teacher, TEACHER, Teacher... I forgot. Hee hee
    Fun, another blog to look at. Very good idea.

    ReplyDelete