Tuesday, August 13, 2013

10 Things About Me

I am trying to make this blog beneficial for me and for my students. I have found several other teacher blogs that I love reading and have gotten so many ideas from. Hopefully, I can be a contributor. Yesterday, I was going to write about me. Well, I didn't get it done because I was digging up thistles out of our grass. So, today I will get caught up.

   
1. I love my family. I blinked and they all got old. My son just turned 20 and is in his last year of being a missionary in Guatemala. I miss him. I have three teenage daughters, a senior, and twins who are sophomores. They are fun and hormonal. We are all blessed to have my wonderful husband, of 24 years, to keep us laughing and happy. He sacrifices so much for us. What a guy!

2. Teaching is a great love of mine. I started out on track to be an accountant. But, I took an education class and found it fit like a glove. I have loved it ever since. 

3. I am about to start my ninth year of teaching 2nd grade. After graduation from college, I started to have children and stayed at home with them until the twins were starting 2nd grade. A teaching position opened at our little school, two blocks from our house, and I have been there ever since. 

4. I started running this summer and I must admit, I quite like it. I am not fast. I am not graceful. But, I like the challenge of going farther and meeting a goal. I just wish it wasn't so painful.

5. I am addicted to Pinterest. I use it daily. Sometimes I think about the old days when I had to use my own creativity. Boy that must have been hard!

6. I love where I live, a small town in Eastern Idaho. We are surrounded my mountains and rivers. Within a few minutes we are able to have an adventure in the wilds. My family doesn't enjoy this love with me, however, they are fairly willing to join me if it involves the kayaks or float tubes.

7. I am a bit of a "Pollyanna" and see almost everything through rose-colored glasses. This makes some people, including my poor husband, a bit crazy at times. I am grateful for this little blessing in my life.

8. I love music. I don't have a favorite genre. I enjoy it all - except rap. I play the piano and I can sit for hours just playing away. It is a great way to relax and release emotions. I have always wanted to be a singer but never did anything to pursue that goal. So, I listen to others sing.

9. I hate tomatoes! In the forms of ketchup and salsa, they are okay. I don't eat them on anything and order all my food without them. It is a pain but I just can't stand them. I thought as I got older then I would grow into them. I haven't. My dislike has just grown up with me.

10. I am TERRIFIED on snakes. Alive or dead. 2D or 3D. It doesn't matter what form they come in, the fear is incredible. My fear of snakes dictate where I run, walk, kayak, swim and what I watch, read, and listen to. It is a huge problem that I should probably deal with.




No comments:

Post a Comment